Superconducting Single Photon Detecting Systems (SSPD)
Scontel offers single photon detector systems for VIS and NIR range.
The system is based on fiber-coupled NbN superconducting single photon detectors and has several independent channels (up to 8).
Possible types of cooling systems:
1) Cryogen-free system (Type 1).
The Closed-Cycle Refrigerator is a cryogen-free cooling system. This system works without using of liquid helium. The closed-cycle refrigerators can operate continuously for months from just an electrical power source.
2) Cryogenic insert to standard LHe storage dewar (Type 2).
This system uses liquid helium for cooling. The storage dewar filled with 60 litters of helium allows for over 2 months of uninterrupted operation of the system.
- Possible range of System's specifications:
- Quantum Efficiency: ≥ 85 %
- Timing jitter: ≤ 45 ps (25 ps on request)
- Dark counts rate: ≤ 10 cps (0.1 cps on request)
- Spectral range: 0.5 ÷ 2.5 µm
- No afterpulsing
- Fiber coupling (no misalignment)
- Operation in a continuous mode
- General parameters
- Number of channels: 1-8
- Fiber: SMF-28e (980-HP, 780-HP, etc.)
- Original output voltage: ≤ 150 mV
- Types of output voltage: TTL, ECL, LVDS
- Electrical connection: SMA
- Driver interface: USB, LabVIEW
- Possible Applications:
· Photonic quantum computing
· Photon correlation measurements
· Quantum cryptography and QKD
· CMOS defect analysis
· Single α and β particles detection
- · TCSPC
· Single molecule fluorescence spectroscopy
· Ballistic imaging
· Single plasmon detection, quantum plasmonics
· Free space communication
· Time-resolved fluorescence measurements
· Single quantum dot fluorescence spectroscopy
· On-chip quantum optics
· Oxygen singlet/triplet fluorescence detection
· Flow cytometry
· Picosecond Integrated Circuits Analysis (PICA)
· Single electron detection
· Registration of extra low IR photon flux
· Optical coherence tomography
Typical dependence of the detection efficiency.
Special offer on request.